Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hello from Orlando!

edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
Hi folks I am here for my TKD testing. Today I passed my fit test. On friday I'll test for 4th degree black belt. Right now enjoying a beer at Downtown Disney. It is Tuesday and there is pretty good crowd here. I expected political campaign to be more visible than Texas but not so. Perhaps it is because it is a tourist town.

It looks like market and economy is performing better than expected. 3rd qtr earnings have been better too.

Comments

• Hey, enjoy; do well with your test, and there is protein in beer, eh?

Take care of yourselves,
    Catch
  • Best wishes. Wife and I were at Disney there at this time last year. Anniversary. She was in hog heaven, getting pics taken with the characters like Mickey and Pinnochio. I had a blast trying to get those same characters to respond to the outragious stuff I'd say to them. "Hey, ducky! Daisy Duck! I got a good recipe for duck a l'orange. Interested? She was funny. She would not let me in the camera shot. Refused a hug.
  • Kick well, big guy! My son, Will, made it to a high blue belt before his teacher retired (that whole "had another kid, get serious about the family and career" thing) and closed their little dojo. It always seemed like an admirable discipline, and the black belts - including a couple of my faculty colleagues - struck me as awfully well-balanced folks. Best of luck with it.

David
  • edited October 2012
    Very cool.

My wife MJ and her sister will be staying at Disney Swan for an Epcot and Disney World get-away during first week of November.

Great time of year to be in Orlando. Love the boardwalk. Love dining at the bar of the Flying Fish restaurant. And, love the fireworks at Epcot. Dining at Les Chefs de France.

Thanks Investor for sharing, enjoy and good luck Friday.
  • Investor. I can only assume congrats are on order. maybe someday we can compete - I was a white belt over 30 years ago:).
  • Green belt here - over 40 years ago (taekwondo PE class). Can't even get in some of those positions today.
  • Thanksgiving Week - Grand Floridian here we come! Looking forward to seeing Cirque du Soleil for the first time
  • Hi folks, my test on Friday went well (at least I feel that way) But, the margin of error is very slim in this high rank test. I will know the actual test results from my master in a couple of weeks. They do not tell us immediately. Even my master, in his test recently had to wait for news from his instructor (higher ranked master). So, I do hope for the best but if it does not happen this time, I have to prepare better fixing little things that needs fixing.

Apart from that, the event is actually a major tournament for our style of taekwondo. I did judging. It is fun.

While I was having fun, it looks like some people in Wall Street decided that was enough fun and took some profits. In my 401k, on Thursday I had bought some AQRNX. Oh we'll:-(