Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

APPLX --- AP Article

edited October 2012 in Fund Discussions
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gMSm82-FOaY_u7fiumdKqZB4UF-Q?docId=e94b3f11c77f4c0a85a1527fe5dec65c

Fund manager: Plenty of reason to be cautious now

Short article with a Q&A with the fund manager. M* gives it 5 starts for five year returns and calls it low risk high return for five year returns.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I added this fund to my portfolio about a year ago as I gradually got rid of BRAIX. It has lagged the market, but for now, I consider its performance to be "as expected." I feel similarly about my other conservative stock holding, ARIVX.

For Vanguard brokerage users, the institutional class of this fund APPIX is available NTF for a relatively low minimum of $25,000. This was a nice incentive for me.

While I don't have any complaints about the fund, I'm also not strongly committed to it. I am open to suggestions for other opportunistic multi-cap funds. BMGEX was recently mentioned in a Morningstar article, along with OSTFX and a few others.