Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fuss' Heir Apparent At Loomis Sails Off: Kathleen Gaffney Leave Firm For Eaton Vance

Comments

• We received a call yesterday morning from Loomis letting us know about this change. It prompted two actions from us. First is to see what fund(s) Kathleen will be leading at Eaton Vance and put them on our watch list for possible addition to our fixed-income holdings. The second is to put LSBDX on our watch list to monitor more carefully in the months ahead. While I do not expect her previous funds to fall apart, it is always a concern when a long-time member of a fund's management team leaves. I have met Elaine Stokes and Matt Eagon, and have known Dan Fuss for many years. It was my guess the Gaffney would take over the official running of LSBDX when Fuss steps down. But I also thought interest rates would go up in 2011 (LOL). Personally, I wonder if the move included some ownership potential in Eaton Vance. There had to be some kind of awfully big carrot for Gaffney to jump ship. With Natixis owning Loomis Sayles, that was probably not possible, but I have no way of knowing for sure. But at least she only has to go about four blocks east of her current office with the change.
  • Reply to @Ted: Thanks for heads up. Will watch LSBDX really close from this point on. Dan Fuss is 77 years old and Kathleen Gaffney was expected to be the successor.