Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Fund Times: Openings, Closings, Manager Changes

TedTed
edited October 2012 in Fund Discussions
FYI The article speaks for itself ,if you don't want to read it that's fine, I don't see any need for a summary
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=572089

Comments

• edited October 2012
    PMZIX or PMZDX I need to stay better informed as had I known I would have bought this at its offering price Monday at $10.00. The PIMCO magic and new fund effect is already in play as the fund is already up 4.3% (10.43) after today's 1 penny decline.
  • Unfortunately these funds are available only at TD Ameritrade, as of now, according to M*. Perhaps it is going to change, but then the magic may be gone...
  • Actually, as of today one can buy PMZIX at Fidelity for $100K minimum, and PMZDX for $2500 minimum
  • Reply to @andrei: Thanks andrei, at Scottrade it's one million minimum for PMZIX and so far PMZDX is not available.
  • PMZDX no min/NTF at ameritrade.
  • Please note that at Fidelity the website does not know anything about this fund, but... it accepts the trades. It might happen that the situation is similar at other places as well: They did not have time to fully update the websites...
  • Reply to @Hiyield007: Another option - DoubleLine Total Return, DLTNX, invest mostly in mortgage backed securities. The no-load investor share, has a lower ER (0.76% with $2,500 minimum) than Pimco's offering.
  • Reply to @Sven: Thanks Swen, I realize I am in the minority here but I wouldn't give Jeffrey Gundlach a plug nickel. As for DLTNX - ANGIX and TGLMX are much better choices if mortgage backed securities is your thing. I see where PMZIX was up another 4 cents today giving it a first week return of 4.7%.
  • edited October 2012
    Reply to @Hiyield007: i am with you re both Gundlach and non-agency mortgages.