Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• chuck September 2018
  • Ted September 2018
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buying and redeeming a treasury bill

On 9/20, I have a 3 monthtreasury bill coming due. I bought it through Fidelity. Can I reinvest it, plus some additional money on the date that it comes due? I don't want put it on auto reinvest because they will only reinvest the amount of the original investment. Or does Fidelity need to ne notified in advance?

Comments

• @Soupkitchen: Yes, but to make sure I would suggest you go right to the horse's mouth and call Fidelity customer service at 1 (800) 343-3548/
    REgards,
    Ted
  • My T-bills at Fidelity are on the auto roll service. If I want to buy more in addition to the ones on auto roll I put in a buy order the morning of the auction, needs to be early am before the auction. The order will be filled with the T-bills on auto roll plus the new T-bills. I do this regularly including this morning for today's auction.