Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ARTMX Is it time to sell

After reading discussions below on Artisan Partners I decided to check on son's holding of ARTMX. 20 yrs mfo gives it a 5 rating on return. 10 yrs = 3, 5 &3 yrs =1 , & 1 yr =2 rating. Does anyone care to chime in about this fund.
Thanks, Derf

Comments

• Just a guess because I don't know the fund well, but Andrew Stephens started this fund and managed it until he retired in 2014. I can't look at the category rankings before 2008 but it seems like performance suffered after he retired, or maybe after he announced his retirement. If I held the fund I'd want to believe someone else on the team was just as good.
  • Seems to me that ARTMX runs hot and cold.
  • Mona said:

Seems to me that ARTMX runs hot and cold.

Just like most other funds in its category, no? I'm just glad I timed my buys in my Artisan funds properly which is what has kept me in them for such long time while I have reduced my positions.

• Still own it for many years (think it is closed to new investors). Also keep POAGX as a back-up.
  • I’ve owned it for decades but have reduced pct over the Years.

I’m inclined to sell all shares. As previously stated it runs hot and cold AND there are better options I believe.
  • Although POAGX is similar to ARTMX as both are mid-cap growth oriented, POAGX has been closed to new investors for several years. The larger cap version, PRIMECAP Odyssey Aggressive Growth Fund, POGRX is still open.
  • Thanks for all the replies . I'll take this up with son & see what he wants to do. As he has a limited number of funds to choose from I'll suggest sell some & invest in something he's short of, like bonds.
    Derf