Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Biography on David Petraeus gets boost amid scandal

edited November 2012 in Off-Topic
http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/11/12/biography-on-david-petraeus-gets-boost-amid-scandal/

"All In: The Education of General David Petraeus, has moved up significantly on the Amazon top sellers list, making it to No. 159 by Monday afternoon ... Before the scandal broke, it was ranked a mere 76,792.”

Comments

• edited November 2012
    What a title!

• edited November 2012
    Rapstar releases Album, shoots someone. Sales skyrocket.
    General has book. Has affair. This is !@#$%^&* ridiculous.

Honestly tell me how many people wanted to know HTF Petraeus led his life prior to this.
  • edited November 2012
    Reply to @VintageFreak: Hi VF- May I suggest that if the rapper you cite were also head of the Central Intelligence Agency, or a close confidant, the story would at least be newsworthy? (and you are in the "off-topic" area) Fortunately, I've never really felt compelled to have everyone agree with all my posts. FYI: Petraeus was not an active General when the story broke, though the U.S. General in-line to become NATO Supreme Commander in Europe, John Allen, is also under FBI investigation in the matter. Regards, hank

• Reply to @hank: What Petraeus committed is keeping up with the tradition of American men in power, nothing more.
    http://www.thesegreentimes.com/page.php?p=articles&id=16

• edited November 2012
    Reply to @Sven: Interesting article. Thanks. Never intended this to be too serious - way OT. Saw some irony in the title ("All In: The Education of General David Petraeus") in that Petraeus now has a greater "education" regarding the personal, political and investigative forces that brought him down.

(I'm aware others - notably Jon Stewart - have read a more risque connotation into the title. That's not what I was referring to. Audience here at MFO is way too smart for that kinda crap.)
  • Hi folks,

Wow. Is this all real? As for Petraeus, I don't care if he was having an affair. I just don't the head of the CIA to be so gd dumb as to get caught. Allen and 30K emails to this 4* groupie? He has to go. Mueller has to go and so does Holder. Oh, and WTF needs friends when you have the Kelly girls. They brought down some mighty powerful people.

and so it goes,

rono
  • Reply to @rono:

Hey rono, I missed it. What did Mueller do?
  • Reply to @Anna: You at least seem to know who Mueller is. I don't even know who "Kelly Girls" are.
  • Reply to @VintageFreak:
    FBI.
    Here's the sort of thing I get from a google:
    "Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director Robert Mueller are facing mounting questions over why they neglected to tell the rest of the Obama administration about the investigation into David Petraeus until Election Day, with one top lawmaker now demanding an explanation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/14/holder-mueller-face-mounting-questions-on-why-petraeus-probe-kept-under-wraps/#ixzz2CmDEDc9H
    "