Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can you pick the best stocks/etf for 2019

https://investorplace.com/2018/11/can-you-pick-the-best-stock-and-best-etf-for-2019/

So what will you pick as the best stock this year? You could go with Amazon for a third straight year. The growth story is undeniable, even as the law of large numbers starts to catch up with it. How about an energetic newcomer, like iQiyi (NASDAQ:IQ) or Yeti Holdings (NYSE:YETI)? Maybe you foresee a pot stocks revolution taking Canopy Growth Corp (NYSE:CGC) or Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) to the top.

Comments

• I'll do the w.a.g and stay with healthcare and tech.
    C'est tout.
    Where's your guess @johnN. You posted, you gotta play!
  • edited December 2018
    Probable adding to Vanguard Healthcare etf and brk.b
  • Nope but I hope its something I hold a lot of already.
  • After the G20 meeting, US and China have a 90 days agreement to hold back some of the tariff. Very little details pertaining to technology and intellectual property were discussed. So I don't think we are out of the wood yet.

If I would add in 2019, it would be health care and medical equipment ETFs.

• Here's one that might do if it decides on an IPO to go public - BevZero.
  • ........ @Mark
    The kicker, literally; "potential to be infused with Cannabis".
    Story here.

+ vendors of snacks, which would include Oreo's, Doritos, ice creams and the list goes on and on
    Reads like a combo list of related stocks to be put together at the Motif web site.