Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Sex Matters when Investing

Hi Guys,

Research shows that men and women have important divergent investing characteristics. And those characteristics generate differential outcomes. Statistically, these outcomes demonstrate the superiority of women as investors. Here is a Link to an article that summarizes these findings:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/male-investors-vs-female-investors-how-do-they-compare-1430709406

I'm not too surprised by this comparison. From Alexis Tocqueville: " If I were asked, ........ to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people (he was talking about Americans) ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply - to the superiority of their women". Indeed, a wise assessment that can be repeated in many other areas.

The percentage differential might be small, but it is positive and when operating over a long investment lifetime, the integrated difference is substantial. I share that same perspective based on experience. More power to our womenfolk.

Best. Regards