Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Way OT : Twinkies History Spiced With Murder Hints Icon to Survive

edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
(I neither endorse nor eat Twinkies.)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-19/twinkie-history-spiced-with-murder-hints-icon-to-survive.html

Related: Limbaugh Blames Obama for Demise of Twinkies
"Are you kidding me? Obama couldn’t step in here even for the optics of it? I mean, yesterday he saved New York. Today he could save Ding Dongs. He could save Twinkies, except at the White House Michelle’s probably celebrating, ’cause this is just rotten, no good food to her. But, see, I think they wanted this, folks. I think they wanted Hostess bye-bye. And you know why? They wanted this to happen because this is just going to create more dependents on unions and the government. It’s just gonna create more dependents."

(I neither endorse nor watch Limbaugh.)
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13422738-rush-limbaugh-goes-berserk-blames-obama-for-demise-of-twinkies

Comments

• What can you say. Rush is nothing more than an entertainer who will say anything to up his ratings. It's amazing to me that there are actually people that don't understand that dividing the country to further his career is the game plan. The sad part is, as Rush rakes in the money his selfish plan seems to work.
  • Hear, hear.
  • This was a mis-managed company and management made bad decisions and it is also unfortunate that union did not want to take concessions. Jobs lost...

Hostess will not survive but Twinkies will be purchased by another company and will continue to be made.
  • There's something "Onionesque" about Rush's rant. Of course, you don't need teeth to eat a Twinkie, so it might appeal to his average audience. Guess I'll wait to see if the Chinese press picks up on it.