Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Santa's sleigh

I hope the Man from the North Pole was able to fix his "sled" & is running a few days late with his Christmas Rally !!
I just entered a buy with Vanguard (VMVFX) from funds that were taken out of play just before 3/rd qter 2017.
I was wondering if MFO's are buying , selling, or caught in the headlights ?

Derf
P.S. Different strokes for different folks.

Comments

• Hi @Derf
    We remain with our 30% U.S., oriented tech. and health. These areas are still some of the best of the sector turd pile sell-off and long term profit providers, IMHO.

Still too much "dazed and confused" in D.C.-land.

'Course, POTUS tweeted on Christmas Day......" “I have great confidence in our companies. We have companies, the greatest in the world, and they’re doing really well. They have record kinds of numbers. So I think it’s a tremendous opportunity to buy. Really, a great opportunity to buy,” said the commander in chief."
    One understanding that "he" considers himself the all-knowing of whatever subject one may present; I suppose the market is a buy for some of his followers.

Sadly, our magic 8-ball is in the shop for repairs and the Ouija board got stepped upon and cracked during the pre-holidays.

Hey, I know; anyone out there asking Alexa or other A.I. devices the question......."Do I invest now?"
    Let us know here, the results of the answer.
  • edited December 2018
    I sold my holdings in OSMAX today, while I still had some profits. The manager and analysts have moved over to Artisan to run ARTJX, and although it will take some time to come up to speed, will redeploy the proceeds into that fund in both my regular and roth iras. Will hold in cash for now and see where market is headed before i buy. Also have a limit order in for T. Bought some back 6 months ago, when it was yielding 5.4%, at todays price is yielding over 7. Better than my bond funds, this is my taxable account where I do use dividends for income.
  • Not just yet. I'm waiting for the sleigh to stop advancing to the rear.