Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Putting Faith In Investing: Amana Mutual Funds

FYI: There are more than 4,000 religions in the world. The biggest, with a little more than 2 billion adherents, is Christianity. Next, with a little less than 2 billion followers, is the Islamic faith, which is also the fastest-growing. By around the year 2060, if estimates hold, Islam will grow 70% and be the world’s dominant religion.

Most major religions are expected to grow by midcentury, too, just not as much: The number of Christians is expected to grow 34%; Hindus, 27%; and Jews, 15%.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.fa-mag.com/news/putting-faith-in-investing-42422.html?print

Saturna Capital Website:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=X_AtXO7hAsSCjwS1pKT4Bw&q=Saturna+Capita&btnK=Google+Search&oq=Saturna+Capita&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.3868.3868..5896...0.0..0.82.151.2......0....1j2..gws-wiz.....0.h4oboqgP6QY

Comments

• The U.S., unlike the rest of the developed world, has almost no options for faithful Muslim investors. I think I've found three active fund family (Amana, Arabesque, Azzard) but no ETFs or index funds. iShares MSCI World Islamic ETF (ISWD) and iShares MSCI USA Islamic ETF (ISUS) are available to folks in the EU, but not here so far as I can tell. Javelin Dow Jones Islamic Market International Index Fund (JVS) reportedly launched in the US about nine years ago, but I can't even find record of it as the SEC.

Something like 3-4 million Americans are Muslim and many are likely MINO (Muslim in Name Only, rather like the lapsed Lutherans and casual Catholics around me), so it might be too much of a niche market (and too hard to cultivate) to attract many issuers.

David