Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bonds: 2019 Outlook In Investing

FYI: The bond market is embarking on another year of Federal Reserve watching. After raising rates four times in 2018, the Fed is currently projecting just two moves this year.

Many economists are calling for slower economic growth, but it's not clear whether it will slow enough to derail Fed tightening. The U.S. still faces risks ranging from trade tensions to possible inflation, which suggests markets will remain volatile in 2019.

With rates likely to continue rising, albeit more slowly, what's a bond investor to do?
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=u8swXIfdJozIjwTn8rC4Ag&q=Bonds:+2019+outlook+in+investing&btnK=Google+Search&oq=Bonds:+2019+outlook+in+investing&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30.3596.3596..5328...0.0..0.83.152.2......0....1j2..gws-wiz.....0.liX8-NLf-_U

Comments