Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Yes, technology runs cycles; but I still like technology overall.....

Having studied and worked in the technology area from the way back days; from a time when the class instructor in basic electricity charged numerous capacitors (electrical storage devices) and tossed them among the class members to catch; and if caught properly with both protruding wires of the device, provided a small electrical discharge to the holder's hand. One other highlight that remains fixed in my mind was the "amazing" Litton microwave machine in the student break lounge. We soon realized how hot a doughnut would become in such a short time frame, as in exploding.
I remain fully curious with technology, and the curious extends into investments in this area.
My personal skill level is much below the full engineering level and the dreamers in this area. But, I sure as heck have always been a user continuing to discover ways to incorporate technology to my benefit.
With this, I remain curious with the annual CES show and what will be offered by the dreamers.
Will all of these companies survive? No. But, someone or another company will run with the idea(s).
Anyway, you may enjoy this article and the numerous video demonstrations of products.

Israeli Tech. at CES

Yes, a strange name for the web site.....I offer no opinion.

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Right. Added qqq and vgt last week before the massive increases on fri