Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Yeah --- it's been 'the rage' for a few years now. Some factor implementations are better than others (ie, factors for volatility) and within factor offerings, some factor products are better than others (ie, VMVFX, USMV I think, and others.)

Speaking for myself, I don't invest according to 'factors' but there are tons of OEFs/ETFs catering to the factor crowd these days. (Tho I do hold VMVFX in large amounts, b/c I like its eclectic global midcap-skewed allocations ... I care not that it's 'minimum volatility').
  • XMLV has been a very successful mid-cap low volatility fund. Compare it to IJH, a conventional mid-cap, to see how XMLV lost less than 1% in 2018, while IJH declined about 11%.