Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Artio's "Select Opporunities Fund"

edited December 2012 in Fund Discussions
Well...it appears that Keith Walter is back at Artio. BobC, I believe it was, noted that Artio was ditching most of their equity funds; but in the place of the mish-mash that had grown out of the success of JETAX and its near-twin international equity, Artio has kept the "Select Opportunities Fund" (I'm not sure sure this isn't really a new fund, despite the 2004 inception date).

David, if you're looking for a story to mix things up a bit (which is not to say your other work is not outstanding, by the way), maybe give Artio a call. Would be very interesting to hear their side of what all went down there. There was a time when they were quite the belle of the ball. But, before we get ahead of ourselves...this type of trajectory seems to afflict a number of fund companies.

Note: I exited BJBHX earlier this year when the news about Artio turned from bad to worse; wife still has a position in BJBGX which we might move her out of in the new year.

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion, S. I've added it to the "to-do" stack (along with "bring about world peace" and "talk to the Steelers about their running game" - it's a big stack).

David
  • Just a thought, David. Like all the rest here, I greatly appreciate the work you and your fine crew do. Cheers.
  • It is a shame. Once upon a time Artio was a well respect shop.