Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jonathan Clement's Blog: Hole-In-One

FYI: ( The Linkster has had two.)

HAVE YOU EVER played a round of golf? If so, how many holes-in-one do you have? I’ve been playing since age four and have yet to make one. Even the best players in the world know how difficult it is to make a tiny ball go into a 4¼-inch hole that’s 200 yards away.

I got close once. It was a windier than normal day in Iowa, when I hit my first shot on a par three. It went left into the tall weeds. I let my college teammates know I was taking a penalty, and I replayed the shot. This time, the ball was struck perfectly, landed in front of the hole and hopped in. Because of the penalty, I couldn’t count it as a hole-in-one.

What if you could change the game a little? Suppose that, instead of hitting one shot at a time, you could hit thousands simultaneously. Now, your odds of hitting a hole-in-one start to look far better.
Regards,
Ted
https://humbledollar.com/2019/02/hole-in-one/