Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Linkers !

When linking articles that requires subscription or purchase this or that, it would be nice if the linker would mention this. The last 4 or 5 times I've I've tried to google a link I still run into buy this or purchase that. It's a waste of my time & others.

Have a nice week, Derf

Comments

• @Derf: You shouldn't have any problem if you use Private Window in Firefox, or Incognito Window in Chrome. Let me know the results !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited February 2019
    Hi @Derf: I have no plans to link an article that requires subscription (period).

Like you I am tired of hitting pay walls in a good number of linked articles posted on the board for reading.
  • @Ted that does not work for WSJ in Chrome...at least for me...
  • Derf - if you have a library card you might try looking up articles through your local library. It might not work everywhere but for plenty of people it does.
  • of course this is a kind of IP theft --- not saying I don't do it, but paying for good journalism is a worthy thing
  • Barnes and nobles
  • @Mark; I probably visit the local library more than any mfo'ers. Yes I do use it to track some of these links.
    Good investing to all, Derf