Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

1,3, and 5 year fund performance...what's worked for other individual investors

beebee
edited December 2012 in Fund Discussions
FundMojo has a community link that allows reader to view portfolio performance for its free members. By clicking on the individual members names you will "open" their portfolio. I find it an interesting way to see "what's worked" over a 1, 3 and 5 year time frame.

fundmojo community page

Comments

• Dear Bee: Most of the portfolio's had fewer than ten funds with outstanding results.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Is there any way to know if these anonymous posters actually owned these portfolios during the 1, 3 or 5 year time frames, or are they just portfolios put together in hind-sight?
  • Reply to @MikeM:

Yeah... there's always a need to be skeptical, but I like the list of funds as a cross reference to funds mentioned here or on other boards. Check out this list...many seem to be in good company with MFO member favorites.

fundmojo.com/community/community.php#top_holding
  • edited December 2012
    Fund Mojo just updated their stuff. So says a notice they sent me on Facebook. But it seems to me that the up-to-date new info. does not appear on the boiler-plate page that first comes up when you inquire about a particular fund---yet. I tried it just tonight.