Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

year end moves

edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
Howdy folks,

Happy holidays.

Took a tax loss that I'll but back after the 30 day wash rule. Check your accounts. You have to wait 30 days to buy back a specific security, but using mutual funds (assuming you have minimal transactions costs), you can immediately buy a similar but different mutual fund.

Also, liquidated my nat gas play. Fundamentals don't really support any higher price. Demand side needs to see nat gas used for transport and there's zero infracstructure and supply side is flush due to fracking.

Not really reacting to those cretins in washington. I've covered my behind for years. I worry about those that will suffer. That's something for which congress should be flogged.

Don't fight the Fed - they're keeping the punch bowl full - so party on.

peace,

rono

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Mo,

Happy New Year. You're probably correct, but we've got other tax issues next year and need this particular help this year. They started taxing our pensions here this year and that confused things.

Take care,

rono