Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson & Michael Batnick: Prudent Risk Management Or Market Timing in Disguise? Video

FYI: A podcast listener asks:

I work at a pension fund steadily losing performance chasing members (we were positioned too conservatively through the bull market) – and now the investment committee wants to be more “peer-aware”. I tend to think now is not the time to make a more aggressive allocation, but part of me also knows this kind of thinking is a form of market-timing. To ask the question succinctly – is changing a genuinely sub-optimal asset allocation in a value-aware way prudent risk management or just market timing in disguise?

Michael and I discussed this one on the podcast this week:
Regards,
Ted
https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2019/04/prudent-risk-management-or-market-timing-in-disguise/