Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: 5 Nominees For Outstanding Portfolio Manager

FYI: Today, Morningstar revealed the nominees for the Morningstar Awards for Investing Excellence--Outstanding Portfolio Manager. Morningstar analysts nominated five candidates for the award across equity, fixed-income, and multi-asset categories. The winner will be announced during the Morningstar Investment Conference in May 2019.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.morningstar.com/articles/923257/5-nominees-for-outstanding-portfolio-manager.html

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Thanks @Ted -

Guess we need something fresh to discuss here. I’m not a fan of the “star” approach to picking funds. Prefer the stodgy team-managed style of D&C. Actually, T. Rowe is more af a team managed firm than their two M* nominations might lead us to believe. Indeed, those target date funds wouldn’t have performed so well except for the underlying T. Rowe funds they hold. Seems to me that your slightly higher fees with Price do get you something in return. They appear more willing than many to invest in top talent and to provide the necessary research and support staff to keep their funds and managers well positioned.

And Dan Fuss? What can you say? Long tenure in fixed income investing. Honestly - I didn’t realize he was still around. Good for him.