Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PONDX, continues defying technical charts

edited January 2013 in Fund Discussions
Morning,
I don't know how many; but there are at least several here at MFO who are invested in some form or share class of PONDX.
I am not a trained person regarding technical charting; and many hundreds of methodologies and therories exist as to how to chart "x investment" for the best returns.
The chart link below is to indentify, in particular, the RSI (relative strength) for this fund that has continued to remain above 90 for some time now; and is currently +96 (noted just below the ticker symbol). In the most basic terms, technicians will more closely watch a chart for RSI numbers that hit or fall below RSI of 30 for an oversold indicator and a RSI of 70 for an overbought indicator. Obviously, there are other market indicators that may modify any of the RSI data.
Well, anyway; just something to look at ,with attractive (at this time) graph lines all traveling nicely in that slope upward and to the right.
Note: we do have monies in PONDX.

Chart

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• TedTed
    edited January 2013
    Dear Catch22: A little TA for you. PONCX & PBDCX are both in my capital preservation portfolio. Another nice day in my capital appreciation portfolio, SPY, QQQ, PFF, PRHSX are up. S&P 500 finished above 1,456 a technical resistance point. I once again suggest you get out of the bond closet by switching your asset allocation to a 21st century one. At least 30% equities
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.barchart.com/quotes/funds/PONDX
  • edited January 2013
    Howdy Ted,
    Yup, been writing about same and have a partial list in place. Been a few years since we've held 30% in direct equity. 'Course, won't and can't complain about the HY bonds, other bond funds as with LSBDX and related. Just have to find how things go in the near term.
    Regards,
    Catch
  • edited January 2013
    Amother big day for non agency MBS and another big day for PONDX up .32%. ANGIX always prices late so can only imagine how that performed. They say ("They" being the experts) that non agency MBS are a very crowded trade. But they said that going into this year and so far the market is proving them wrong.

I like Ted and I like Mark (catch22) and this forum is a much better place with them. So I guess this will be equal opportunity bashing. Mark, why not do your funds boat every month instead of every week? Ted and you may even become best buds then. And Ted, since bonds ( as in emerging markets and junk to name just a few) have been the place to be in the 21st century, far outpacing the returns of the S&P since 1/1/2000, please elaborate why being in the bond closet in the 21st century has been so.........
  • Howdy Hiyield007,
    Must be some telepathic link in place. I have a draft in place for Saturday that I may indeed move to a monthly posting; or a no chat weekly posting of holdings and numbers only; as we have a major project just starting in place that will run until the fall of the year and will require a lot of my time elsewhere.
    Regards,
    Catch