Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: Yes, Of Course Trump Could Fire The Fed Chairman

FYI: Yes, of course Trump could fire the Fed Chairman.

I’m not about to make a legal argument. Instead, like a five year old, I’m just going to point out what’s blatantly obvious and doesn’t require Constitutional scholars toiling late into the night, poring over old parchments by candlelight…

Donald Trump controls the Senate and the Supreme Court and doesn’t care at all about historical precedent, tradition or societal norms. He has shown a willingness to act out on whatever impulse comes to him whenever he feels like it. And more importantly, the Senate Majority Leader loves it all, and his wife works for the Trump administration, and his own popularity is under siege in his home state of Kentucky, which is a Trump state through and through. This isn’t a political rant, I’m just stating what you already know. You can agree with it and still support the President, I’m not writing to change anyone’s mind.
Regards,
Ted
https://thereformedbroker.com/2019/06/21/yes-of-course-trump-could-fire-the-fed-chairman/