Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Weekend Open Thread - What Is Anyone Buying/Selling/Ideas?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hello,

During the month of February I have been reviewing my fixed income sleeve of my portfolio and shortening its duration and added some equities to its asset base. In doing this, I have made a few changes to the funds that the sleeve holds.

The current possitions are as follows: CSDAX, LBNDX, LIGRX, NEFZX, THIFX & TPINX. I eliminated NEFRX due to its duration and I replaced this position with LBNDX because it offered a broader more diverisfied asset base; and, I eliminated STIAX and replaced it with NEFZX as a transfer in from the hybrid income sleeve because I felt it was a better rounded strategic income fund.

The sleeve now XRAYS as follows (net): Cash 20% ... US Stocks 3% ... Foreign Stocks 1% ... Bonds 69% ... Other Assets 4% ... and, Not Classified Assets 3%. The sleeve has a yield of about 4.5%.

I am starting to notice that some fixed income funds are now starting to hold a larger position in cash than they have in the past. From my thoughts, this indicates to me some caution might now be warranted. This could be because redemptions are being anticipated, or it could be due the the investment climate in general with fixed income, or perhaps even both.

Good Investing,
    Skeeter