Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Alger Small Cap Focus Fund partial closing to investors

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/3521/000119312519186064/d749776d497.htm

497 1 d749776d497.htm TAF ALGER SMALL CAP FOCUS FUND
THE ALGER FUNDS

Alger Small Cap Focus Fund

July 1, 2019 Supplement to the Statutory and Summary

Prospectuses dated March 1, 2019, as supplemented to date

The Board of Trustees of The Alger Funds has authorized a partial closing of Alger Small Cap Focus Fund (the “Fund”), effective July 31, 2019.

The Fund’s Class A and C Shares will be available for purchase by existing shareholders of the Fund who maintain open accounts.

The Fund’s Class I and Z Shares will be available for purchase by existing shareholders of the Fund who maintain open accounts and investors who transact with certain broker-dealers identified by Fred Alger & Company, Incorporated, the Fund’s distributor. Please check with your financial advisor regarding the availability of Class I and Z shares of the Fund for purchase at their firm.

In addition, the Funds Class A, C, I and Z shares will be available to new investors that utilize certain retirement record keeping platforms identified by the Fund’s distributor.

The Fund’s Class Y Shares will remain open to all qualifying investors.

The Fund may resume sales to all investors (or further suspend sales) at some future date if the Board of Trustees determines that doing so would be in the best interest of shareholders.

Comments

• Thank you Shadow for the heads up on this fund closing and all that you do for the board.