Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The most glaring example of the disparity between equities and fixed income

edited January 2013 in Fund Discussions
Here's some more fire to add to the never ending group think that bonds are in a bubble and ready to crash. Junk bonds - proxy being the Merrill Lynch High Yield Master II Index- have exceeded their 2007/08 pre crash highs by 59%. On the other hand, equities with the S&P 500 as the proxy have yet to exceed such highs and still languish 6% below pre crash highs. So what does this mean? I guess it means we draw our own conclusions based on whatever our bias might be.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi Hiyield007,

I am 'ah think'in, that I am going to draw 30, 2" squares on a piece of cardboard; having the tickers of 15 bond and 15 equity funds of my preference; and then get out the darts and let rip for my "top 20 list". Each one would get 5% of the investment pot.:)

Our house could end with a 95% equity bond portfolio; some magic mix of 50/50 or ?.

Take care,
    Catch
  • "I guess it means we draw our own conclusions based on whatever our bias might be."
    Hey, 007 - I'm happy we agree on something! (-: