Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

From Danielle Park out of Toronto

edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
Standard tools, measurements, strategies have failed equity investors since at least 1997. So she says. Another snippet: "Although most money gurus and media types seem to exist in a world of fantasy, esoteric theory and denial–for understanding, I find it most helpful to review the math of loss in real money terms for real life people."
http://jugglingdynamite.com/2013/01/12/revisiting-the-math-of-loss/

Comments

• These bears who have no conception of the compounding of reinvested dividends and its importance in wealth creation for long term holders are pretty worthless in my opinion. Her math on the S&P is all wrong because she completely neglects dividends. If you bought the S&P at its top in 2000 you would not be under water today.
  • I do believe you. Yet, she has a refreshing, straightforward style. ("Remember, what Canada sells to the rest of the world is mostly rocks and trees.") She takes RISK very seriously. She could never be accused of being imprudent. Ya, she might very well carry some very low-ball expectations around with her, but I am convinced that she can be TRUSTED--- unlike Dimon, Blankfein and the other financial PREDATORS. Despite the truth of what you just offered, she still has my ear. Canadian, though. She can't take my money. Wrong side of the border. (Venable-Park, in Toronto.)
  • You noted:
    ("Remember, what Canada sells to the rest of the world is mostly rocks and trees.")
    For your own personal safety, I would not utter these words outloud while in-country.
    While gun crime rates are not high in Canada, when compared to the U.S.; they have many thousands of cold and deep lakes, many of which are seldom visited by humans in a year's time. Don't want to be fish food, eh?

Now, in the time it took to write your post; you could have become invested in FICDX.

Although I recall you will not do business with the big retail money houses, such as Fido.
    Oh, well.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: What is her success rate of past predictions? What is her track record?

If she is not going to use the correct data even for the most basic and accessible data to base her claims, there is no reason to waste time.
  • LAUGH, Catch. ......
    Investor: a link to her blog. If you find the time, you might cruise through, see for yourself whether she knows what she's talking about.
    http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/danielle-park