Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Prospect of Fed cut pushing dividend investors into tech, energy

edited July 2019 in Fund Discussions
This article presents some thoughts from fund managers together with some investment ideas. A few excerpts:
“It’s hard for me to buy a utility company when I could buy a company like Home Depot,”

With negative bond yields in Japan and Europe, the Fed will likely keep U.S. interest rates low for a “very long time,”

“The low yields in the fixed-income market are making you take risk elsewhere.”

As a result, Clott has been reducing his exposure to Treasuries and adding shares of companies like AT&T Inc (T.N)

Michael Barclay, a portfolio manager of the $15.1 billion Columbia Dividend Income fund, said he is focusing on picking up income in the technology sector because its strong growth rates will allow companies to increase their dividend payments over time.
https://reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-weekahead/wall-street-week-ahead-prospect-of-fed-cut-pushing-dividend-investors-into-tech-energy-idUSKCN1UE19T

Comments

• Thanks for posting the article which I enjoyed reading along with your recap.
  • Thanks @davfor
    Been with tech for some time now and welcome others for whatever reason to join the game.