Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Earning Season Numbers ...

edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
From review of the below linked article, by my math, the S&P 500 Index is selling on a Forward P/E Ratio of 13.2 and a Trailing P/E Ratio of 15.0. I have lnked the blurb for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.crossingwallstreet.com/archives/2013/01/earnings-season-numbers.html

I was wondering how the posters on the board view the Index? At its current level (1485) is it a buy, a hold or a sell?

I currently have it rated as a hold. Although by the P/E Ratio numbers it is not overvalued from my thoughts ... but, we are presently at, or near, new 52 week highs and what is most concerning to me is the soon to begin debt ceiling debates. So how do you rate it?

Good Investing,
Skeeter

An Addendium: Near term, I am awaiting for a pull back before I add to my equity allocation to somewhere around S&P 500 @ 1400 range. That would be about a Trailing P/E Ratio of 14.1 to 14.2 range and a Forward P/E Ratio of about 12.4. Should equities continue their run, I will most likely will trim my equity ballast position back based upon high valuation.

Comments