Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Thoughts on ABRIX

edited January 2013 in Fund Discussions
Thanks to all the folks that gave me feedback on rolling over my old 401 k to fidelity, it is in the process and I am evaluating my options. One fund that intrigued me is ABRIX Invesco Balanced-Risk allocation fund R5 at fidelity that is TF but has had a great performance and the ER is .99. I already own Marketfield MFLDX before it was bought at Mainstay, so looking at this to compliment MFLDX in my alternative sleeve. Any thoughts on the fund or simliar funds I should be looking at?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi Chris.

I too have looked at Invesco's Balanced-Risk Allocation ABRIX.

Might look into the following alternative offerings, as well:

PIMCO All Asset Instl (PAAIX)
    PIMCO All Asset All Authority Inst (PAUIX)
    AQR Risk Parity I (AQRIX) - Limited
    AQR Risk Parity II MV I (QRMIX)
    AQR Risk Parity II HV I (QRHIX)
    Sextant Global High Income (SGHIX)
    SEI Instl Mgd Multi-Asset Cap Stblty A (SCLAX)

Had TacticalShares Dynamic Allocation Instl (TGIFX) initially on list, but at 1.6% ER, suspect it will not hold up to competition over time.

One more, a domestic long/short equity fund though: Bridgeway Managed Volatility (BRBPX), which David profiled in January commentary.
  • Charles,
    I will check out your recommendations, so thanks for the input, I will check them all out.