Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Lousy day, 1/28/13

Only my small-cap was up: MSCFX. I mention it because it has already recently been the subject of a thread here. In 9 months, it's up 25% for me. Everything else is in the doldrums, and has been for about a week. Of course, we have just climbed up to 5 year highs...

Comments

• Yeah, I know what you mean. Friday I bought a very small position in a small cap fund, and it's nearly the only holding I have that went up today. It usually works the other way around - everything goes up except what I just bought.
  • Agreed, everything down in my portfolio today except RiverNorth Doubleline Strategic Inc RNSIX.
  • Hey, just the opposite today 1/29...

• Ya, my PREMX was down, one or two others with no change. The rest was all up! Nice.