Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Seeking Alpha: Is It To Late To Ride The Stock Market Rally?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    "But from literally the moment the Fed stopped expanding its balance sheet at any point along the way, the market has almost immediately plunged into phases of sharp volatility marked by swift and extreme corrections ranging from -10% to -25% in a matter of weeks. So more than what anyone may believe good or bad about the global economy or corporate earnings or anything else for that matter, the power of outright asset purchases by the Fed and other major global central banks has unfortunately dominated financial markets by drowning out nearly all else that would otherwise be critically important in investor decision making."

Excellent article in general. I do think that people have to have a long-term view and get some sort of dividend yield if they're going to be buying at this point. I continue to like a number of long-term themes, but am more than happy to continue to wait for more appealing points to add to positions and continue to reinvest dividends.

With the FOMC meeting going on, I think there will be some opportunity to add lightly while the market probably pulls back and waits for the FOMC meeting results. I'm sure it won't be long before another issue pops up and gives another opportunity to add.