Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can Pimco Break Free Of Its Bonds ?

Comments

• Sure, if their marketing people can re-package Bill Gross as a stock guru. (Just kidding...maybe)
  • Maybe not. Kashkari has now left after becoming the head of their equity fund division. I actually really liked the concept of taking existing fund managers - such as the former Thornburg and Mutual Discovery managers - but it just hasn't quite gone as hoped overall. Pimco Global Multi-Asset was sold with El-Erian's name as a manager, but I doubt he's that involved and the fund is otherwise a fund-of-funds that hasn't done as well as Arnott's All Asset funds.
  • Reply to @scott: I believe certain names are used as trophy managers. Royce funds is one shop that does this. Other funds keep the name of founder etc. so that fund does not look like changed managers if the actual fund manager leaves. I call these are managers in the name only a.k.a. Trophy managers.