Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

My most recent monthly dividend...

PSA
edited May 2011 in Fund Discussions
from AGDYX was $691.00 based on $103,000 invested. Not too shabby?

Comments

• That's right at 8% projected annual dividend yield, or about what you'd expect for a high-yield fund. It's probably had a good 2-year total return run, eh?
  • Although AGDYX has a certain percentage of high yield holdings, it is considered a multi-sector bond fund.
  • I think M* calls it m-s because of the foreign holdings, which are extra 'sectors' the way they look at funds. Agdyx has been low quality forever - which is what high yield is - B right now, well into non-investment-grade territory. See the charts that go back 5 years on the Portfolio page.
  • very interesting
    my private portfolio ~ 0.9% return in June [mixtures of muni/private/junks], but half of the return is tax free since I've got lots of munis
    we'll continue to ride this train until cannot ride it no more:)
  • Good for you, John; I think I remember you put more $ into munis while they were down so far? Boy they've recovered fast; wish I had put more into intermediates earlier.
  • I think you meant May, not June.

Muni bonds have recovered with the fear subsided.