Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

seeking opinions/experiences with innovator buffer etf family of funds

Good morning,

As a risk adverse soon-to-be-retired investor, I would like to elicit opinions and experiences of the mfo community on the innovator family of etf funds. It seems they buffer downside losses to varying degrees in return for capping upside potential gains by pairing option contracts.

I would clearly invest in these funds if their claims are reliable but since the Long-term Capital Management hedgefund fiasco many years ago and more recently the option-based ultra/2x/-2x funds, I am leery of the reliability of option-based funds to deliver what they claim under adverse situations.

(I currently have positions in PRWCX and VLAAX to invest and temper risk by using balanced strategies and would use these as additional positions). Any enlightenment would be sincerely appreciated.