Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Kristian Heugh's MSAUX NTF

MSAUX, a very successful Asia growth fund managed by MFO favorite Kristian Heugh is NTF at Fidelity, Vanguard and TDA. For a long time MS charged a load, but AUM are only $79M. I'm surprised they haven't cut a deal with Schwab where MGGPX and MIOPX are NTF. Ted, and maybe others have owned other share classes of these funds, but I don't know those symbols. If predictions about the recovery in EMs are correct, this would be a nice choice.

Comments

• @BenWP. Thanks for the heads up.. Like you I'm in MGGPX and really like the fund. Less volatile than MSAUX with good EM exposure
  • edited November 2019
    Thx
  • Hi, @MikeW. MGGPX current EM exposure is 19+%, whereas Heugh's MIOPX is nearly 33%. The fact that he works from Hong Kong must slant his choices towards the region. He has nothing in emerging Europe and only 1.63% in South America, for example. I would assume that MSAUX would be a collection of his best ideas for Asia; I note that Japan is not represented at all although it is in the global fund.
  • BenWP said:

Hi, @MikeW. MGGPX current EM exposure is 19+%, whereas Heugh's MIOPX is nearly 33%. The fact that he works from Hong Kong must slant his choices towards the region. He has nothing in emerging Europe and only 1.63% in South America, for example. I would assume that MSAUX would be a collection of his best ideas for Asia; I note that Japan is not represented at all although it is in the global fund.

As an Asia portfolio, why would he own emerging Europe and/or South America?
  • I was referring to MIOPX, @JoJo26.