Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

MarketWatch: Stocks and Bonds Appear to be Sending Different Messages and Why This Is Not the Case!

edited November 2019 in The Bullpen
I enjoyed reading the below linked article because it mirrors my own thinking about the markets. My thinking is that stocks, in general, are ovevalued along with most bonds. The article explains this in easy to understand language why valuations are what they are.

So, what is an investor to do?

Read the article as it provides some good ideas that investors should consider in positioning their portfolio in this overvalued market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stocks-and-bonds-appear-to-be-sending-different-messages-heres-why-thats-not-the-case-2019-11-18

For me, I've been buying in select mutual funds that can generate income as well as some that offer capital appreciation. Several that I have on my add money to list and have recently, or plan to soon, put money into follow by investment area. In the cash area of my portfolio it is GOFXX. In the income area they are JGIAX and BLADX. In the growth & income area they are DWGAX and INUTX. And, in the growth area it is KAUAX. There are a few others but these follow my current major investment themes. And, when in doubt ... as my late father use to say ... spread it out.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet