Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Al Hunt

edited December 2019 in Off-Topic
Way OT ...

Long time financial reporter and journalist / analyst Al Hunt retired from Bloomberg at the end of 2018. While I sensed his loss from the network, I hadn’t realized he’d retired. What jogged my memory is that his wife, PBS’s Judy Woodruff, co-hosted tonight’s Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate. In my book, Woodruff is another top-notch television journalist. One of her detailed and on-target financial questions tonight prompted my brain to say: “That’s right out of Al Hunt’s play-book.” It was than that the realization Hunt’s been missing from Bloomberg all year hit me. A significant loss for those of us who value quality TV political and financial journalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hunt

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Being of sanity in today's world is NOT O.T.

Wife and I just talked about him yesterday after watching PBS news hour with Judy. The CNN Capitalgang was well done. Jim Lehrer of PBS news hour in the way back years, previous with Robert MacNeil was on CNN a few days ago discussing the impeachment.
    Damn, from Wall Street Week with Mr. Louis R. to the likes of MacNeit/Lehrer news hour and others of that time frame; today's world is fully engulfed in madness. IMHO