Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GAMCO Global Series Funds, Inc. changes (some classes closing; lower minimum I class)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/909504/000119312519324974/d857920d497.htm

The Gabelli International Small Cap Fund

The Gabelli Global Rising Income and Dividend Fund

Gabelli Global Mini MitesTM Fund

(each a “Fund,” and collectively, the “Funds”)

Supplement dated December 27, 2019 to each Fund’s Statutory Prospectus dated April 30, 2019 and Statement of Additional Information dated April 30, 2019

This supplement amends certain information in the Prospectus (the “Prospectus”) and Statement of Additional Information (the “SAI”), each dated April 30, 2019, of the Funds. Unless otherwise indicated, all other information included in the Prospectus and SAI, or any previous supplements thereto, that is not inconsistent with the information set forth in this supplement, remains unchanged. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this supplement have the same meaning as in the Prospectus or SAI, as applicable.

Closing of Class AAA, Class A and Class C Shares; Reduction in Class I Minimum Investment Amount

The Board of Directors (the “Board”) of GAMCO Global Series Funds, Inc. (the “Corporation”), on behalf of each Fund, has approved the closing of each Fund’s Class AAA, Class A and Class C shares to new investors.

Effective January 27, 2020, (the “Effective Date”) each Fund’s respective Class AAA, Class A and Class C shares will be “closed to purchases from new investors.” “Closed to purchases from new investors” means: (i) with respect to Class AAA and Class A shares, no new investors may purchase shares of such classes, but existing shareholders may continue to purchase additional shares of such classes after the Effective Date, and (ii) with respect to Class C shares, neither new investors nor existing shareholders may purchase any additional shares of such class after the Effective Date. These changes will have no effect on existing shareholders’ ability to redeem shares of the Funds as described in each Fund’s Prospectus.

Additionally, on the Effective Date Class I shares of each Fund are available to investors with a minimum initial investment amount of $1,000 and purchasing shares directly through the Distributor, or investors purchasing Class I shares through brokers or financial intermediaries that have entered into selling agreements with the Distributor specifically with respect to Class I shares.

Since the minimum initial investment amount for each Fund’s Class I shares purchased directly through the Distributor is the same as that for all other classes of each Fund’s shares, shareholders still eligible to purchase Class AAA and Class A shares of each Fund on or after the Effective Date should instead consider purchasing Class I shares since Class I shares carry no sales load and no ongoing distribution fees. Investors and shareholders who wish to purchase shares of a Fund through a broker or financial intermediary should consult their broker or financial intermediary with respect to the purchase of shares of a Fund.

The Funds’ existing policies regarding conversions of Class AAA, Class A and Class C shares, as described in the Prospectus, will remain in place. Shareholders owning Class AAA or Class A shares of a Fund should consider converting their holdings to Class I shares of the Fund given the change in eligibility requirements for investing in Class I shares. Shareholders owning Class C shares of a Fund should also consider converting their holdings to Class I shares if they otherwise meet the eligibility requirements described in the Prospectus to convert their Class C shares of a Fund to a different share class. Conversions of Class C shares of a Fund to Class A shares of a Fund will no longer be permitted; rather, Class C shares of a Fund that would otherwise be converted to Class A shares of a Fund pursuant to the policies described in the Prospectus will instead be converted to Class I shares. Shareholders who hold shares of a Fund through a broker or financial intermediary should contact their broker or financial intermediary regarding any conversion of shares.

Following the Effective Date, the exchange privilege described in the Prospectus under “Exchange of Shares” will remain in place and subject to the policies described therein. The principal effects of this will be:

● Shareholders owning Class I shares of a Fund will only be able to exchange their shares for Class I shares of another fund managed by the Adviser or its affiliates if they meet the minimum investment requirements for Class I shares of that other fund;

●Exchanges for Class AAA or Class A shares of a Fund will only be permitted for existing holders of Class AAA or Class A shares, as applicable, of the Fund into which such shareholder seeks to exchange; and

●Class C shares of the Funds will no longer be available as an exchange option for holders of Class C shares of other funds managed by the Adviser or its affiliates.

Reinvestment of dividend and capital gain distributions will continue to be permitted for holders of the Funds’ Class AAA, Class A and Class C Shares.

SHAREHOLDERS SHOULD RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Comments