Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price Global Technology Fund, Inc. reopening to new investors

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1116626/000111662620000006/gtfstatsticker2720-20202.htm

497 1 gtfstatsticker2720-20202.htm

T. Rowe Price Global Technology Fund
Supplement to Prospectus Dated May 1, 2019

Effective April 1, 2020, the T. Rowe Price Global Technology Fund, which was closed to new investors on September 29, 2017, will resume accepting new accounts and purchases from most investors who invest directly with T. Rowe Price.

Accordingly, effective April 1, 2020, the first sentence under “Purchase and Sale of Fund Shares” in Section 1, and the first four paragraphs under “More Information About the Fund and Its Investment Risks” in Section 3, are deleted in their entirety from the prospectus.

Financial intermediaries and other institutional clients should contact T. Rowe Price Financial Institution Services or their relationship manager to determine eligibility to open new accounts and purchase shares of the fund.

The date of this supplement is February 7, 2020.

Comments

• edited February 2020
    @TheShadow Thanks for the heads up about this. I currently hold BGSAX as my global tech fund (38% non-US equity) and am pleased with its recent performance. Buts it good to know PRGTX will be available again. (They are both currently NTF funds at Fidelity.)
  • If someone can find information on just why T. Rowe Price thinks this a good idea at this time I'd be curious to know what's behind their thinking. Have they had significant outflows? Are there foreign companies that they want more of? Just seems odd is all.
  • M* points to manager change and modifications to the portfolio in its latest write up. Maybe the new PM will let shareholders know what he’s done recently and why he wants to play with more than $5B.
  • I don’t whose decision at TRP made the call, but they didn’t distribute any LT Capital Gains in 2019. Only short term came out. I moved what I had back into PRMTX.
  • But the fund will still be closed to third party brokerage platforms?

“(We) will resume accepting new accounts and purchases from most investors who invest directly with T. Rowe Price.”