Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Crisis investing

Report analyzes past major stock/bond market downturns since 1970 and gives insight on how to possibly take advantage of the next one. From the authors:

"We have spent the past year studying every financial crisis in the US since 1970. We have done this work for your benefit, so that you will keep your head when all about you are losing theirs. When weak hands fold, when forced sellers liquidate, we hope this research will help you make good decisions.

To develop this in-depth analysis of market panics, we looked at every major asset class, every sector, and every quantitative factor. We looked at index-level data, and then we built a database of security-level data. We read through the newspapers during each panic to understand what investors most feared."

It was interesting to read their take on each of the past crisis' and how I remember some of them. I'm not making portfolio changes to plan for rare events but for me , something to keep in mind during the next panic.

https://mailchi.mp/verdadcap/crisis-investing