Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Martin Zweig passes

edited February 2013 in Off-Topic
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-19/martin-zweig-stock-author-who-predicted-87-market-crash-dies.html
"I measure what’s going on and I adapt to it. I try to get my ego out of the way. The market is smarter than I am so I bend.” – Martin Zweig

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I read that too this morning. Sad news.
  • edited February 2013
    The theme music is stuck in my head forever.........and human beings on the trading floor.

WSW, Oct 16, 1987 video
  • edited February 2013
    Absolutely love it. Great clip Catch. Fantastic contrast highlighted between Mr. Zweig's crash prediction and Ms. Farrell's reassurance. Classic moment. Thanks!
  • I am really saddened by this news. Marty was always one of the more youthful guests on WSW. Time really flies. I would not have much of a retirement nest egg were it not for my implimentation over the years of a variation on his 9 to 1 up volume indicator. His book Winning On Wall Street is truly a classic.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply to @catch22: I used to watch, too. Amazing that you found that clip. Bravo to you on that.