Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

NYT: U.S. Stocks Plunge as Coronavirus Crisis Spreads

edited February 2020 in Off-Topic
The S&P 500 dropped nearly 3 percent at the start of trading, after European markets recorded their worst day since 2016 and major benchmarks in Asia closed sharply lower. The Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 900 points. To continue reading click on the below link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/business/stock-market-coronavirus.html

So what is Old_Skeet doing? He is staying fully invested within his asset allocation (20/40/40) and might start doing some equity buying once his market barometer reaches a reading of 160+ (or thereabouts). The barometer's reading of Friday February 21 market close was 137. With this, we still have a good ways to go in this stock market decline before I'll become an equity buyer and start opening some risk-on spiff positions.

I sure do miss the Nightly Business Report because it gave a good daily recap of the market. I'm truly said that it is no more.

Comments