Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Want a limited edition Buffett sneaker?

edited February 2013 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Dear Maurice; How about the lizard and the diamonds as a double dip ad for Buffett.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://4wallmarketing.blogspot.com/2010/12/double-dip-advertisinggeico-helzberg.html
  • Thanks for the link Maurice, I never realized Brooks was part of the Buffett empire. I am an avid runner and have been a customer since the 80s. My experience has been different than yours as I always found them to haver top notch shoes, especially their Beast running shoe.
  • edited February 2013
    My wife recently bought a pair of Brooks and she likes the comfort it provides. It looks good and looks like it is a popular brand among runners. As for durability, I don't know but nothing is done very durable these days. It will probably have comparable lifetime as Nike, Sketchers etc. I did not know it was part of Berkshire group.
  • Reply to @Investor: They are durable but (and this is how they make their money) I have to buy two pair a year at $140 a pop because of the mileage I put on them.