Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

@ed studzinski's april commentary

I would love to hear more details on your ideas here- Specifics and/or specific ways to search .
I think one needs to think in terms of a barbell asset allocation strategy at this point, with cash and equities. Are we going to face hyperinflation in the future or a deflationary world? I don’t know. I do know that I don’t want to have anything really in bonds, other than short-term ones that are “money good” as they say. In terms of equities, they need to be sustainable business models with little or no leverage, and cash flow that continues regardless.

In closing, I am going to leave you with another historical analogy. In terms of thinking about where we are, with massive running of the currency printing presses around the world, and governments buying every kind of bond in sight to keep the capital markets from freezing up, you need to think about the post-World War One period. Specifically, look at those people who had wealth and investments going into the Weimar Republic in Germany. Then look at those people who still had wealth and investments coming out of the Weimar Republic. And draw your conclusions accordingly.