Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco Income Fund – Distribution Update -- PIMIX

edited August 2020 in Fund Discussions
Another sign of the times (where to hide?).
Effective August 3rd, 2020, the PIMCO Income Fund (the “Fund”) is making a change to its daily distribution rate. Over the course of the month this change will lead to a monthly distribution rate change from $0.0555/share to $0.0400/share (Institutional Class).1

The recent sudden drop in yields across fixed income markets has left investors around the world
searching for yield.

We recognize the importance of income to our investors, but we also aim to balance this with the
desire to preserve capital. In this environment, we believe it is critical to seek to generate income in a
diversified and prudent manner

https://documents.pimco.com/Viewer/GetFile.aspx?Id=nHUY2SUo9QOxF3VWEzGBYoDrLWRlnZLA5zHxp1cfhF99lmPE3dql3s4MG01b7orgpuKsxaOYW9k%2BvPlglzR9q8crYaDxCBk5G6m5o3k8L6ABM9YHRWZSkC36DoaNYIUORHRsHGxzcH9IpEPtCwo1FXQLZJNS719ScVKY0K4Jxn9KA1WdYUVMKlzM7X69N1UGLeQvdH6mP1SUn3R8GCG0hsjSotDrjdpz1YkguqOasY8%3D

Comments

• Just wonder when Pimco funds will lower their yields since yields across all bond sectors have been decreasing this year.
  • Based upon my amount invested the new yield will work out to be about 4.2% for me. With this, and based upon the current low yield environment I plan to keep the position.