Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why You Can’t Trust the Polls

First off, national polls don’t matter. Forget national polls because we don’t have national elections. We have state by state elections. Montana has an election, New York has an election, Texas has an election and so forth. A candidate wins so-called electors in each state. Then those electors get together in December and elect a president.

https://dailyreckoning.com/why-you-cant-trust-the-polls/

Comments

• Garbage article.

Quote "But when you deconstruct the polls, you find out that they’re built in a way to favor Democrats and hurt Republicans."

Where's the author's evidence/data to support that statement? Where's the proof? Just because he says so doesn't make it true.
  • I think Alan Lichtman has the right idea about the "value" of polls.
  • The polls are wrong just like in the last presidential election...but on steroids. People are embarrassed to support Trump and I have literally had friends tell me they were not truthful with pollsters and others who would never admit to voting for Trump. And all of this before the debates when Joe Biden will be exposed for what he is, sadly an empty vessel at this stage of his life. As Michelle Obama said, "it is what it is."