Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Hello,

After reading the article ...

I guess I am some of all three types as referenced in the article as I have profits as determined by IRS guidelines classified as short term capital gains as well as some long term capital gains and other types of renumeration as well. Actually, special positions counted for about a third of the money I made in the market this past year. Here is the breakdown from analizing my 1099 on my taxable account. Interest Income 1% ... Ordinary Dividends 42% ... Qualified Dividends 17% ... Capital Gains, paid by mutual fund companies, 4% and Speculating &Trading Gains form Special Investment positions, which were driven by my own buy and sell activity, accounted for 36%.

So, I guess it pays to have been some of all three types ... an Investor, a Speculator and a Trader.

So with this I wish all ... "Good Investing, Speculating and Trading."

Skeeter