Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

this time it's not the same (or is it?)

Comments

• edited November 2020
    First a side note - the author says he plans to work for 46 years! Egad!

Maybe most of these “factor bets” require you to keep the faith (& rebalance) and hope your day comes. And it may be fleeting - don’t be greedy, rebalance back out. Folks used to say that about commodity funds, like PCRDX.

I have made the SV bet in VBR & I’m sticking with it.
  • Anyone else having problems with the link? Safari can't find it.
  • Hi @Mark

Okay here with Windows/Google.
  • Thanks catch. For whatever reason it worked now. Must be the 2020 virus working it's thing.
  • Most/all of these theories were developed of past decades. The high tech boom is a new revolution where the big tech companies make so much more than the rest, new smaller high tech companies are constantly been created. The fast, easy, reliable and cheap global communication make it very accessible to millions. That basically means that finding great hidden value is much harder and if you find a great one the price will adjust much faster. So yes, I think we are in a different time now.

But, it's pretty easy to just use the SP500 which is a blend index and because it's weighted by market cap it will adjust accordingly.